Tuesday, January 26, 2010

FOR EK LOVE... my friend and fellow weirdo.

My dogs share food bowls so one is food and one is water... what makes it weird? It's so cliche, it's almost sickening but only the best for my sweeties :)




This coat rack is delightfully odd and I love it so. The shower picture? I think I am immune to how weird my entire bathroom is, really.





Monograms, monograms... EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!





























The sketch that was done of us in New York. It's a bit strange, but I can't ever put it away for some reason. Ellie... biggest weirdo EVER.












Hmm... I am not sure if Mickey Mouse qualifies as weird but I am pretty sure having Micky figurines in your house when are you almost 27, does.








This will only seem odd to other people but to me I see my grandmother's Bible that she gave me on my wedding day, the praying hands that were on my grandfather's casket, an angel from my cousin and a piece of drift wood from the beaches of the Outer Banks.




2 comments:

emily @ cabin fervor said...

I love that you are so GIRLY! My husband would NEVERRR go for such a girly bathroom, the glam doggy bowls or the monograms. He can't be trusted around delicate items anyway... Lord help us when we have kids!

What obliging hubbies we have to put up with our distinctive tastes. :-)

Now that caricature is what I'm talkin about! That is ridiculously awesome. I'd put that puppy up on the mantel! Thanks for letting me (and the world) catch a glimpse of your silliness. It's fun! :-)

Lindsey said...

I am very girly in a lot of ways. You are right about that :) Sometimes I am the poster child for all things girly. Don't be fooled into thinking that I cannot throw it down if I need to though. I may be on the John Deere tractor in a pink Deere hat, a pink Deere shirt and Deere shades, but I AM STILL ON THE DEERE! :)

Ha! That caricature is redonkulous. Mantel... or above the BED? :)

I laughed when I read that about S and delicate things. He is such a manly, beefcake guy and it just seemed to fit when you said that (even though I have never met him).

And as far as the bathroom- I have NO idea why he let me go hog wild in there. All I can guess is that we do not share that bathroom. His bathroom is the guest bathroom in the hall. I am one of those married people who thinks my marriage will grow and prosper beautifully as long as we don't share a bathroom :)