Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Life Group


Sometimes there is too much to say. Maybe that's just me.
My head is swirling after life group tonight (a good kind of swirl). We are SO blessed to be involved in this large, diverse group of people that meet every single Wednesday in one another's homes to eat and fellowship together. The people are beautiful. The relationships are astonishingly meaningful. The children are making memories and they do not even know it yet. The bonds that are present are unbreakable. While I know we are not always able to go, being a part of this group has become one of the most joyous, anticipated, enriching parts of our lives. There is not one doubt in my mind (or in the minds of any one of the 30 some people that meet each week) that the reason all of what I just mentioned is possible is because of our most special, most important common thread: Jesus Christ. We are not perfect- ha. So not perfect. We are not sparkly or even shiny. We are regular. We are day-to-day. We are living this life together and we plan to talk about it, to confide about it, to advise about it and to laugh about it. By the power of Jesus we have SO much in common whether it looks like we do by the world's standards, or not. There is one purpose- to edify one another, to bring glory to God, to build lasting relationships. It takes so much time to develop that closeness that we all crave in our hearts. I can have many friendships, but how many will I confide with my deepest fears? How many will I cry with? When the Holy Spirit is walking among us, wow... WOW! What a blessed relationship we can form with these men and women.
Tonight, the men and women separated and we "simply" discussed prayer requests and spoke of what is pressing on our hearts. Chris stayed home with Landon so that I could go and I'm so thankful for that. Our simple discussion of prayer requests turned into a night I probably will not soon forget. Last year at this time, we were just getting our feet wet in this group and I remember sharing with them my pregnancy concerns and in the month to come having to be on bedrest which made it impossible for me to attend. Hannah read through prayer requests from this time last year and it was amazing to hear of how God has answered EVERY single, last one. They read mine, about my pregnancy and Amber said, "And he's here and he's happy and healthy." Praise the Lord!! Spoken words of how God answered the cries of our hearts at this time last year. To hear how God has been working in each life truly gave me goose chills. The joy I felt was so real and so tangible in that moment. Then we went around the room to share what our fears, concerns, struggles are at this point in our lives and there were tears shed. There are tears shed because where we are gathered, so is the Holy Spirit and where one feels, so does the next. I'm so thankful for the openness that I witnessed and it only makes me look forward to what God is going to do.
If you know me very well, you probably know that I am NOT anxious for nothing, as God would have me to be :) Instead, I am anxious for many things, even things that are not "my" things. I BELIEVE in the GIFT of empathy. I believe in the power of loving people. This is a part of my life and this is a gift from God! I will cry with you, I will celebrate with you- because I truly, unashamedly love you the only way I know how: completely. I really do think that this quality comes with some "baggage" though...
So in my life, in times past and in times present, I battle with fear... you know that thing that God is NOT the author of :) I was able to talk about that tonight with this group of women and receive complete support and love. I was also able to give support and love too and I'm thankful for that. God is at work in the lives of these men and women... he is carefully crafting relationships that He is going to use in ways that only He can. And wow - it's going to be spectacular!
I know this is probably so overused: If you want to see God laugh, tell him your plans.
:)
I'm so glad God has a bigger and better plan than the one I have for myself. All I have to do is the easiest and hardest thing I'll ever have to do in my life- believe that. live that. breathe that.
Have peace and spread joy. There are so many who need it! Landon is spreading everything, everywhere these days!

No comments: