Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Feel So Inclined...


So we get asked more than often when we are going to have our first child. Whether it be from family, friends or even mere acquaintances. When you get married... you have a baby, right? And if not right away then definitely within the first few years, right? Maybe for some, or the way it seems to us, most, but not for us. I think you can love love love kids and not want your own right away. I LOVE children. My degree is in Child Psychology- I devoted 4 years to learning about children and all the inner workings of their minds. Every job I've had since college has revolved around children. Public tutoring, teaching 1st grade, private tutoring, play and speech therapy for toddlers...I've had my experience with children, because, well- I love kids! My husband: HUGE kid guy. He loves to play and talk with his nieces and nephew as well as my little cousins. In fact, if he could do that all day long, he would.

All of that being said, we pray for kids in our future. We hope God has that in store for us in the years to come, but we are so content with life just the way it is to not want that change just yet. My husband is my best friend and my life companion. We do absolutely EVERYTHING together whether it be grocery shopping, mall shopping, pedicures, hair appt's, oil changes, coffee shops, cleaning, outdoor work- you NAME it. We love each other's company so very much and are just content with life as it stands. It's not that we think having a baby will complicate or mess that up, but we KNOW it will change things. And to change this incredible dynamic that we have going- no thanks :) Not yet at least. People might think we are a little nuts over our dogs. We probably are and we are ok with that. For now, they are our babies and we enjoy taking care of them. I think both of us are nurturers by nature and one day all of that beautiful nurturing attention will be placed on, God-willing beautiful, healthy babies :)

So I feel so inclined to ask... what's the rush?

No comments: