This day WAS bananas. Bananas can be good or bad in my life. Today bananas was both! :)
Today, I made a 2nd grader a hero amongst his peers. You know what? That felt good. That felt really good. Seeing a 2nd grader triumph like that and watching his classmates clap for him after what could have been a devastating event really made me happy. There are some things that can give me a pep in my step and that is one of them.
Today, someone made ME smile and for that I'm always glad.
Today, our truck broke down and that didn't make me smile or give me pep in my step.
Today, I learned something about teenage relationships and had my faith restored in them.
Today, I did not play "Temporary Home" very well on the guitar during practice and realized I need to practice a lot more.
Today, someone prayed for me and I'm thankful for that.
Today, I was faced with challenges that made me think outside the box.
Today... I lived and tomorrow I hope to do the same.
3 comments:
Sorry I haven't been following your blog Linds! The reason is because I was checking it after I discovered you had one, but you didn't post anything between the end of Jan and middle of March so I just thought it was an afterthought. I hadn't checked it since. I'm sorry!!! I will be checking regularly from now on, I promise! I need to start a blog, but I can't think of a good name for it. When I do, I will start one.
Today, I learned to wholly trust in God because He has everything under control. I went to the orthopaedic doctor to get my right shoulder looked at. It's been hurting since about August last year. I'm pretty sure it's from Dutch pulling me hard on the leash, back when we adopted her and she wasn't trained yet, chasing cars and everything. I was letting it try to heal itself, but no luck. I can't even throw a ball, it hurts so bad! I want to play in a slow pitch softball league this summer, but there's no way I could do that with the shape my shoulder is in. So I finally went to the doc. He diagnosed me with rotator cuff tendinitis and didn't even order an MRI because he doesn't think it's torn!!! Thank you Lord! I thought for sure it was torn based on the fact that it's been hurting for awhile, not getting any better. He gave me a prescription to take, exercises to do at home to strengthen the muscles, and I see him in 6 weeks. I can live with that.
Today, I learned to have a little faith and take risks. I've never had short hair in my life. I've always been able to pull my hair back in a pony tail. I needed a change, and today was the day for that change. I couldn't be happier! I love my hair! I'm not going to be afraid of change ever again!
Oh yeah, Molly (that is Molly right? It doesn't look like there's enough spots to be Ellie) looks evil in that picture.
Good news about your shoulder! I'm so glad it's not torn. What did he give you to take for it? Anti-inflammatory type stuff? I'd love to play on a slow pitch softball team :) That sounds like a lot of fun. I don't think there is anything like that around here. I'm glad you'll be able to play now if it gets to feeling better soon.
I'm also happy you took that risk and chopped your hair! It seems like that is the hair you were always meant to have- it fits you perfectly!
That is Ellie in the picture! She is mid-yawn :)
Post a Comment