Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Spring came in full swing...


I haven't blogged much lately. Partly because I enjoy reading other people's blogs too much to care about having an original thought and partly because I wonder if there is anything worth blogging about. I will not, however, let the words "busy" or "hectic" define why or why not I do not do something. Everything we do is a choice and if you use those words as excuses for anything in life, shame on you!

The month of March had a lot in store for us. Some things that I'd rather not discuss at this time and some things I don't mind if I do. We were unfortunately rear-ended while travelling to Target on a rainy Sunday afternoon. It certainly came as a shock to me considering when I heard the screeching tires, I thought for sure someone else was about to be hit. Almost immediately, I began to feel my left arm go numb and my head throb. I wasn't sure what exactly I was experiencing but I could tell it was serious. Chris and I had just gotten large iced coffees and they spilled all over the interior of the car (here's hoping the dealership thoroughly cleans!). Chris called the police and told them to send an ambulance for me. I didn't tell him to, but I'm pretty sure my agonizing state was enough for him to make that decision. So they came and gingerly maneuvered me onto the stretcher and away we went. 5 hours later and a sprained neck and shoulder and we were headed home. It was scary, but what accident isn't? No one likes collisions. It's now a month later and we still have a rental car. There is nothing special about our 2007 Jeep Compass but I sure do miss it.

Three healing weeks later came a very joyous weekend celebrating the marriage of Michael and Lauren! Chris was the best man and I was the matron of honor. I'm pretty sure that is never going to happen again as long as we live, so it was pretty special. The wedding was lovely, the reception a blast and spending time with good friends and family was such a treat. Weddings make me happy.

After such a jam-packed weekend, Spring break was just what I needed. Working at a school really does have it's perks. You will never find my complaining about my job. It can be trying at times, but I can't think of a better way to spend my days. Being a guidance counselor has made me a better person and for that I will forever know that God had me right where He wanted me.

Now we are here. I don't have all of the answers just yet and so I wait. Faithfully I will wait. It's not easy, but when I think about Who I am waiting on, I realize that forever is not long enough. There are a lot things in life that are uncertain but I've always found the MOST important things in my life are 100% certain. I'm certain of the selfless, undying love that my husband and I have for one another. I'm certain that God holds my hand while I walk through life and that He wants me to trust his leadership. I'm certain that above all else, love will prevail. I hope you can be just as certain of these things in your life






2 comments:

emily @ cabin fervor said...

OK so now I am an OFFICIAL follower of your blog, and I love your fancy layout. Not only am I a bit envious of it, I am also envious of how content you are feeling with your job, your life, etc. It's wonderful that you have that attitude and made that choice to feel that way. I'm really beginning to believe more in the power of choice and less on emotions and whims. Not everything is in our control (thank God!), but we do have free will and should exercise it in the best ways possible.

I am a blessed woman for sure, but I know that I haven't quite found what God has in store for me. I feel a tugging like I'm being prepared for a change, but I don't know what it is yet. It could be a change of career for me, or maybe for my hubby (he asked me yesterday if I'd be interested in living in Europe for a bit if he got a job there...) It's hard to say what's in store... but throughout the past 5 years God has been challenging me to not get too comfortable. I like comfort and routine... sometimes too much. Whatever He has in store for me will require some flexibility, I think. In the meantime I just wait on His timing and strive to follow after Him. It's not easy. But at the same time, it might be the easiest thing ever you know?

We will never have it all figured out, but as you said, there are some things we can be sure of and these are the truths we need to hold on to!

Lindsey said...

Yay! Let's celebrate. Long distance high fives? Ok, done. Glad to have you as a follower. My pathetic list is growing! :)

You know, I can totally relate to how you are feeling. It's a feeling as if something is on the brink, about to break through the surface and you can almost touch it. It's just not quite there and whatever it is, you know it's going to either be challenging, great or better yet- both. You and S have been through SO much in the last year with moving out of state (on the list of major life stresses), buying a house(also on the list) and RENOVATING this house top to bottom. I'm sure there are other things as well that I am just not in the loop, but I think I've mentioned quite enough as it is. The fact that you still have your wits about you and are remaining as positive as you are is a testament to everyone, really. I think everyone who reads your blog is just as in love with your house as you guys are :) It's the house that "love" built. Whether you move to Europe or stay put for the next 100 years, God will do great things through you and S. If I encouraged you I am glad but also know that you have encouraged me my friend!