I haven't blogged lately because as everyone knows when there are too many things squirreling (yes, that is the word I am using) around in my head, I can't focus enough to write it all down. I will need to be better at this... soon.
My school year came to a close recently and even after it had ended, I found myself at the school finishing up little odds and ends that had lingered until the final days. There will be many changes next year and while I look forward to every new twist and turn, I currently find myself without a nest at the old school house. Because our enrollment is increasing, everyone is having to shift themselves around and as a result, some of us are without offices at the moment. I know this will be resolved soon enough and I will eventually (preferably before the end of August!) have a little place to call my own. Until then, I really do not know where my nest will reside. I may even find myself in another building entirely. I'm secretly hoping this will not be the case because I will miss my daily Tibby doses far too much if this happens. Tibby is our secretary and has become a very close friend to me as we have shared and laughed this past year over the many daily happenings that occur in a school. Especially in this line of work, sometimes all I need is to step beyond the double doors and rest my elbows on Tibby's desk and be human. I am probably getting way ahead of myself as I usually do. I'll find a private little nest and I look forward to another year of tears, laughter, college applications, career planning, advice giving counseling excitement.
So I find myself entering into Summer with a heaping helping of solitude and lot on the brain. Nothing that some steadfast prayer and a diligent spirit cannot conquer though :) I've never been one of those people that is afraid to be alone with themselves... that must fill their days to the brim with so much, just so there isn't time to really sit and think and pray. In fact, when there is too much going on in my life and I haven't had adequate time to sit, think and pray, my spirit is bogged down and I am half of who I could be.
God made us each very individual and I'm thankful for that! My husband and I both do most of our processing using the left hemisphere of our brains. I'm convinced of that and for that reason we almost never argue or think too differently about anything. However, he operates the left side of his brain with a type A personality while I operate mine with a type B. This is what keeps things interesting and always keeps us both on our toes. Without caring how cliche is may sound, it's a match made in Heaven and I wouldn't have it any other way :)
I would love to hear how the personalities that you and your significant other possess add interesting elements to your relationships! I just love hearing about people's relationships in general because they are all so very different. I look at my mom and dad who have been married for over 30 years and in my eyes, are the most unfaltering example of marital commitment. My grandparents were married for ever 50 years before my grandfather passed away. Let's talk about marital longevity! Forever is the common goal but how we get there will never be the same as how someone else does. It's interesting to me.
Summer, you are here and I feel you hot and toasty on my unprepared skin. You are refining my garden and God is refining me. After all, before a pearl becomes a pearl it it must first be beaten up by invading dirt. And that takes YEARS.
1 comment:
Tibby sounds like a friendly person if for no other reason than her name. What a friendly sounding name.
S and I are SO different -- like night and day. He's a dreamer and I'm very practical, and he's very Type A while I'm more Type B. We fight all the time! :-)
However, both of us process things better when we have opposing ideas and points of view to weigh against. I think that's why it works for us. We have a lot to talk about and discuss, and our strengths/weaknesses complement each other well. It's funny because we have the same overall beliefs about things like faith, money, raising kids, etc. but we arrive at these beliefs by taking different paths to get there. (If that makes sense.) Though I sometimes want to choke him, I wouldn't change our dynamic either!
Post a Comment