Saturday, January 22, 2011

Jesus is my portion...

We worked on the nursery a little bit this weekend since we aren't really sure when the little Landon man is going to come into our world. These are just a couple of cell phone pictures but they at least show some progress we've made. Most of this progress has been made by Chris since I can't do much of anything right now, but I help where I can :)







"His eye is on the sparrow" has been my favorite hymn for as long as I can remember. When I saw this wall decal online a while back, I knew I wanted it to be above my baby's crib. I want those words to be over him as he sleeps... maybe it's corny but I never claimed to be cool :)

So far, this whole bed rest situation isn't as bad as I thought. I have a lot of good friends who keep me company all day via facebook, texting, talking, email etc. I like the communication and it helps to pass the time. In case anyone wonders what I do all day, it goes a little something like this:
6am: Rise and shine and pill time! (3 blood pressure pills) Go out and sit on the recliner and have some cereal. Sometimes I take a morning nap if the pills make me feel sick.
10am: Pill time again (just one additional different blood pressure pill) and usually something else to eat. Some TV, facebooking, shower perhaps (big event of the day and drains ALL of my energy!)
2:30pm: Pill time again (3 blood pressure pills) and of course eating something.. I'm still pregnant after all. More TV.
5pm: Chris gets home and we eat dinner which lately has been some food that my mom and aunt brought us. However, most of that is gone so I'm not sure what Chris will fix for us now :)
6pm: Acid reflux pill
Most of the evening is spent watching TV or playing a video game with Chris or maybe watching a movie. Sometimes I read or fiddle with things. All the while my feet are reclined to reduce the swelling that happens just from walking to the bathroom.
10:30pm: Final pill time (3 more blood pressure pills, 2 prenatal vitamins) and then I move from the living room back to the bedroom!

Does that sound like your idea of FUN!? Actually last week that schedule was interrupted 4 days with Dr. appointments. This week, I only have 3 appointments. Every time I go to the Dr. I'm nervous because I never know if they will send me over to the hospital. You know, like they did this past Thursday where I spent 5 additional hours getting tested. Sometimes I wonder if all of my IV bruises will heal before I am readmitted for delivery. Last week, I was so scared to deliver right now, with so many things unknown and information being thrown at me by the truck load. Now, after experiencing what it's like to live each every day waiting, not knowing what is going on inside of my body, not knowing how or if my baby is thriving... I think I'm ready to get him here and put this all behind us. I feel torn because I want him to stay inside of me where he is "safe" and keep growing but is he really safe? There are a lot of questions and a lot of things we just won't know because only God knows the details of this baby. I am so glad for that! There is no one better to be in control and know what's going on then God and His infinite wisdom and sovereignty. I wish I could put into words all of the things that swirl through my mind and heart on a daily basis, but it's impossible. I'm glad that God knows and He takes all of it to heart because he CARES for me.

Overall, there is always way more to be thankful for than not. More to praise than to complain about. More to love than to neglect. More to smile about than to frown and even when the tears come... they are at least mixed in with lots of happy tears :)

No comments: