Well, we're now a couple of days into 2011 and I guess I feel ready to reflect on what that means for the Mr. and I. It was an emotional "ring in" this year because for the first time ever, it was our last Christmas, last New Years Eve as just us... the only us that we've ever known. From this moment forward, every holiday, every celebration, every new event that happens to us is going to include a special little boy that we we will welcome into this world VERY soon! Time is ticking away so quickly. Our time as the only "us" we've ever known is coming to an end so soon and my emotions were completely out of wack as we rang in the new year. I'd like to blame it on being pregnant and the rediculous hormonal changes I've undergone recently. Actually, I think being able to blame being crazy on being pregnant is part of the deal, so deal with it :)
There are other things going on under the surface though that I really do not make much mention of on social networking sites like facebook or my blog. I don't like to worry people unnecessarily so I figure it's better to keep those things general and to a minimum. I will say that we have to monitor my health very closely and that things can go from good to bad so quickly that I end up in the hospital, twice so far. Yesterday was almost lucky number 3, but thankfully after spending the entire day in the recliner, I am a-ok! No intervention needed :) Baby Landon is quite the champ though. He's up to 3 pounds and he passed his little lung test the other day! I'm so happy that he's thriving despite these pre-eclamptic issues. Even while I type, I feel him move around in my belly, letting me know he's getting stronger and stronger. There are times when I feel as overcast as the sky outside today, but the truth is... nothing gives me more joy than knowing in just a short time our family will be exploding with more love than we ever knew existed. I am giddy for that. I am holding fast to the promises that were made to me by my Heavenly Father. Every step of this journey has been mapped out especially for me and I pack that comfort away in my heart and store it there. Sometimes I need it more than others, and I take it out, wrap it around my shoulders and I'm surrounded by peace. To know it's there, to know my Savior is holding my hand and leading me through this journey is to know full and complete trust. And let's not forget to mention how amazing my husband has been the past 31 weeks and year actually as we started to prepare for all of this. If anyone asked me if I thought I had come across an angel in my life, I think I have. He's my angel and I just love him. I love him because his heart is NEVER in the wrong place. He's my authentic shining star and he literally illuminates my entire life.
Happy New Year to you all :) Renew your spirit, renew your mind and renew your passions.

No comments:
Post a Comment