Saturday, April 9, 2011

2 Months Old!


Well over 2 months now... about 2 months and 2 weeks :) I won't find out how much Landon weighs until next Monday, but I'm guessing well over 9 pounds. We are starting to take him places and introduce him to the great big world! I guess he technically is almost like a newborn at this size, so people take their newborns places! Why do I need to justify taking him out? :) I still feel brainwashed from the hospital. That will continue to go away as he gets bigger and stronger, I'm sure of it. Next weekend will be a lot of fun since my brother in law and sister in law are coming to visit and meet the little man for the first time! Landon sure does have a lot of love in his life, which I love.

So lately, lil one isn't doing too many new things to speak of, but the little moments when he looks at me and gets a very content look on his face are my favorite! I can't quite get him to SMILE yet but he is so close. The corners of his mouth move just a little and he babbles a little to me :) He will smile on his own sometimes, but it looks more like a muscle spasm haha. He's not a big fan of tummy time since he can't move his head yet so he feels pretty confined. On his back, at least he can move his head from side to side to look at what is going on. In the moments when daddy can't soothe him, I can. In the moments when I can't soothe him, daddy can. Funny how that works. In the moments he wants nothing to do with either one of us... hm... those are not my favorite!

According to "Your Baby's First Year" which is a GREAT book, most babies do not start sleeping more than 3 hours until they weigh about 12 pounds. So we have a little time before we can expect any LONG stretches, but that's ok. And hey maybe he will surprise us, which he does sometimes :) His eyes are a deep blue right now and while I'm doubtful they will stay blue, it would be pretty fun since Chris and I both have brown eyes! His HAIR on the other hand is turning more and more orange by the day. Apparently, I had hair that color as a little one so going by that, his hair will probably go back to brown!

This blog post is mostly just for me to have a little record of what he's doing at this age :) Maybe one day when we have another baby and Landon is much older, I'll look back and read and compare! Hm... yeah... I said it, another baby. I can't let him be an only child! He needs a brother! :) Haha. I don't know how I'm ever going to pump myself to go through it all again, but with God ALL things are possible. I have faith in that!


No comments: