Friday, April 1, 2011
Seasons
I was just thinking about this incredible season of my life right now and how I wouldn't change a single thing. Right now, my days and nights are completely filled and consumed with caring for my sweet little baby boy. Thankfully, my amazing husband helps me in the night and together, with selfless teamwork we do it and we love it. I don't know if a preemie baby requires more work than a full-term baby or whether it's some of the medical issues he has had... but he really does fill our lives! Seasons in our lives change just like they do in nature and we always end up longing for the next season to come. I find myself daydreaming about when Landon can crawl or actually even when he starts to roll over and smile and laugh. I know he will be a little behind with his milestones for a while. He is technically about 10 weeks old but his corrected age is around 3 weeks! I think about these things to come and it excites me but more than that... I'm drinking in every moment of THIS season. Now, he looks at me with huge eyes and studies my face. He stares at me so intently when I feed him and if I move my face around, he follows it with his eyes... keeping them locked on me. I never imagined how that would feel or even that a baby would do that. It's really incredible. I know we've been through a lot with Landon and I'm really not sure how everything looks from the outside but we've tried and continue to try everyday to only focus on the HUGE blessing we received rather than the difficult way we received it. Living in the moment is important to us and is even more important to us now :) Tangent.... went off on one again. Ok back to this season! Now, he cries alot. Ok... yeah that isn't an easy one to swallow sometimes :) But it's the season and I'm thankful for it! He's better and I know he will continue to get better. How can I be thankful that he cries a lot? I'm not thankful for the reasons he is crying and I want him to feel better but I'm thankful for HIM and therefore no matter what he does, forever grateful. Will I ever blog about anything other than Landon? Probably not... so if it bores you, well, stop reading :) I don't know where that came from. Probably because it's 2am and I can't really be held responsible for what my blog entry becomes at 2am. Right now, in this season, he has grown out of newborn clothing and newborn diapers! He's a big boy in 0-3 month clothing and size 1 diapers and I can tell you- I already know I'm going to be ONE OF THOSE mothers that cry over every milestone. It was so sad to clean out his drawers and put away the clothing that was too small! I remember when preemie clothing was too big for my sweet angel and now he's practically a teenager. Right now, life is just good and I know it only gets better from this point forward. God is so good to us, ALL THE TIME. Even in the hard times, God is always good! I hope this season of your life is a beautiful one. It may not seem "good" or "exciting" but it can still be beautiful in some way. I'm telling you- it can.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment