That's a beautiful song called, "What if blessings come" that I listened to on a fellow blogger's site earlier today. It seems like God's blessings have come in raindrops lately. Another phrase in that song is, "All the while You hear each desperate plea and long that we'd have faith to believe."
That's the key to keeping our hearts filled with joy instead becoming polluted by doubt, fear, fatigue, restlessness and guilt. Every time our heart hurts and we feel pain, it's just a reminder that this earth is not our home! If we believe in Christ and we choose to follow HIM while we are here, then our Heavenly home will have no pain, no tears and no sadness. Things hurt us now, because we long for Heaven and if we aren't longing for Heaven, we should be! 1 Corinthians 2:9 "What no eye has seen, what no ear has heard and what no human mind has conceived, the things God has prepared for those who love Him!" (i added the exclamation point because that verse just makes me excited!)
Wow, knowing that promise- a promise to ME just makes me long to love my Lord and long to serve him more and more in any way I can. I feel like I've seen and heard some pretty amazing things in life but to be told- nothing that I can conceive in my mind will be as spectacular as what God has planned for me is just... exciting! If you read my blog, you probably have read before that my finite mind is completely boggled when people choose not to have a relationship with Christ. By choosing Christ, I'm choosing so many promises made to me that are fulfilled every single day that I am alive. As hard as it is to trust people, trusting God is the easiest thing I've ever done because time and time.. .and TIME again He proves his love to me when He doesn't even have to. He just wants to because He loves me. Going through something recently involving my baby, I've realized just how powerful God's plan for my life is and how ridiculous I must look, stubbornly trying to have my way. It kind of reminds me of an older sibling holding out his hand on a younger siblings forehead while the younger sibling is trying with all their might to get at the older sibling, arms flailing. I'm not saying my older brother ever did that to me... haha and I'm not saying at all that I think God theoretically does that to me either, but I am saying that I know I can be THAT stubborn. The bottom line is, God will prevail EVERY SINGLE TIME and the sooner I give in to that, the better off I will be. But the reality is, sometimes God's plan seems counterproductive or inconclusive at best and it's confusing and hard to accept. We aren't always going to have a light bulb moment and see the pattern through the knots. Sometimes we really do just have to trust and stop flailing our arms around, trying to control everything that we can touch. We'll keep trying... but whether you choose to believe it or not, we aren't the ones making that call.
Today, I took Landon out on the front porch (bundled head to toe because it was a brisk 65 degrees) but it was sunny and I felt it would do him some good. After we brought him inside, a good 30 minutes passed before we realized we were only tripping over ONE small dog. I went back out onto the front porch and noticed Ellie hiding underneath one of the chairs, probably certain that she had done some awful deed that merited being exiled to the porch, alone. The look on her face was priceless, but at least we know she won't run away :) HA... run away. My dogs would literally have to be insane to run away from their posh life.
I hope that as Landon grows from baby to child, to teenager, to adult that we can instill in him the desire to stay close to Jesus when the world shuts him out. That will always be our prayer... and in the meantime, we'll just enjoy watching him figure out what his arms are, listening to him coo and cry and loving on him unconditionally every chance we get!
No comments:
Post a Comment