Being a mommy means...
ALWAYS putting my needs on the back burner and being happy to do so.
Not getting nearly as much sleep as I once did and training my body to cope with that!
Being more in love than I ever thought possible.
PLANNING... planning... planning hours in advance!
Being schedule oriented so baby feels secure but also being able to be spontaneous when life calls
for it.
Being strong enough in my marriage that going through a difficult pregnancy and delivery drew me closer to my spouse instead of further away.
Asking God for strength every single day, and really needing it.
Worrying more even when I try not to.
Realizing for the first time in my life what it means to FULLY (that's not 90%, it's when you're at the bottom and instead of giving up because the way out is too long, reaching blindly upward for that outstretched hand to pull me up) rely on God.
Prayer changing me.
God changing my heart.
Crying- a LOT.
When I feel like I can't, I still do because I'm not doing it for me anymore.
Working together with my husband.
LOTS of kisses.
Acting very very goofy to get a smile.
Staying calm in the middle of chaos.
Choosing to make the hard decisions for my family even if it brings criticism.
Seeing others love my baby and realizing how special that is.
A lot less time for showers, makeup, hair styling and house cleaning.
Not being able to picture a life without my baby in it.
Heartache when my baby is sick and joy when he is happy.
Being 100% captivated.
Wishing moments lasted longer.
Living my life around a 2 hour feeding schedule (at least while he's a babe!)
Being thankful to God that we made it through.
Coping with change.
Being so thankful for the beautiful years with my husband when it was just he and I and now being so enamored by our welcomed gift.
Always wanting to be the best I can be so that even at my worst, my little one may still see the intentions of my heart.
Loving my baby with an intense, unconditional, protective, never-wavering, earth-shattering love that he can COUNT on every minute that he is on this earth.
Being a mommy means ... looking into the eyes of God's finest craftsmanship.
I understand now, God.
No comments:
Post a Comment