I know, Landon. It's shocking.
I'm going to put this little entry on hold so that I can eat. No one needed to know that. You would have never known I stopped and came back. But, I felt the need to be honest.
So, I usually like to update everyone on the littlest Stratmann to date and also as an added benefit, I get to read these entries months down to the road and cry about how fast time has flown by. You know, like when I read the entries in January when little Lan man came into our lives and how that seems like it just happened. How have almost 5 months passed already? As I sit here in this moment, typing away, looking out the window into my front yard and seeing one of my dogs casually walk by, I remember VERY vividly how it felt to miss that and to want that so badly. I can only have a thankful heart, because only now can I TRULY savor every minute in the fullest possible way. When all of life's comforts are taken away, and you long for "normal", then when you have "normal" again, every single day feels like a holiday! Next month we will go to our 6 month checkup. It's true what everyone says about time flying by and all that, but I'm excited for my little bear. Every single day he is progressing and growing... REALLY growing. I'm pretty sure we are going to have a tall one on our hands. I always envisioned my son(s) hovering over me :) And of course, giving me a big hug and kiss when they are that big. Don't think I don't expect it. Oh, I do. Sometimes I think about Landon growing up and finding that VERY special lady he will call his bride... I think about what a wonderful woman she is going to be, and how we will welcome her into our lives with open arms as one of our own. Chris and I PRAY and pray.. and pray some more over this boy. This world can put so much pressure on a young person... too much. It can torment, beat down and change someones heart. I know what the world can do, but more importantly, I know that what God can do is SO much bigger and SO much more powerful!
Landon has been sleeping 10-12 hours at night. Oh... yeah you did read that correctly :) Now, if we could only get him to go to bed past 4 or 5pm!! But no one around this house is complaining, trust me. I guess the only thing I can say about how we got him to do this, is we didn't go grab him every time he whimpered or cried. A few days later, he figured out he could fall back asleep. So we went from feeding him 1-2 times a night, to about once a night as he was learning, and now- NONE! Daddy and I have been watching a lot of movies with all of our free evening time now!!
I think what I am loving most right now, is the way that little munchkin smiles and squeals (a very high-pitched, loud squeal). He gets so excited, kicks his legs, makes fists, shuts his eyes and squeals very loudly then looks pretty surprised at what just happened. It makes my day. Diaper time has become his favorite time (when he's in a good mood). It's a perfect time for him to be looking right up at us, into our eyes and take in everything we say and do. Landon is not really a baby who will be held and stare up at you and exchange beautiful moments in that way. We need to catch them at other times, like diaper changing for example! Those legs get to kicking, and he just thinks we are SO funny! Chris.. and me... ARE FUNNY. Hilarious apparently. I'm hoping easily excitable, happy babies turn into similar toddlers, children and teenagers :) I can hope! As I type that, I can't help but think of a certain unhappy baby in church this morning hehe. So, MOST OF THE TIME are key words there.
Anyway, Chris and I have celebrated our first Mother and Father's Day and it feels.... just as it should be. My world feels balanced and blessed. My heart feels so full it could burst. Every day and every moment is not always easy and straight out of a fairytale (shocking?) but every day is filled with beautiful moments that I want to take with me forever.
Cherishing this time as just us 3... knowing all good things come to...
more good things :)
No comments:
Post a Comment