Friday, July 29, 2011

Belly Gut Laughing


It's that time again!

I'm excited, are you?
Baby Boy is down for his morning nap (yup, at 7:30am) since he gets up between 5-6am everyday, he's ready for a nap at this time. Still going to bed at 5pm every single night like clockwork. When will this stop blowing my mind? Believe you me you me you me, I have TRIED pushing Mr. Schedule's bedtime back and he will not have it. He KNOWS what time it is. We both love a schedule though, so I guess it's no surprise we created a baby who does the same. Chris and I joke that if he were not married to me (the one who mixes up his life a little bit... you know, adds that little extra PiZaZZ), he would eat cereal, ham sandwiches and baked beans every single day of his life and never tire. He would be so wealthy because of the excessive money he would not spend. But alas, along came me and turned his world upside down and introduced him to this great big world haha. I joke, but those that know, know it's true :)

So onto other baby growing news, we had our big boy 6 month check up this week!! I get sooo excited for these (well not the shot in the thigh producing screaming baby moment) but just to see how my baby is progressing, how he's growing and thriving! I know I see it everyday, but it's been such a journey that to hear a professional say it makes it all the more real. I can't believe I'm about to utter/type this but there are days that pass when I remember nothing of what transpired! This is such a blessing to me... GRACE anointing me I can tell you that. There was a time when I thought I would never forget, I would never get over, I would never move on, I would never never never but hey guess what the great part about that is? God is NOT a God of "nevers". Nope. He's a God of, "Oh just you wait and see what I have in store!"
I'm so glad for that :) I'm so glad God was able to smile at me (knowing my heart) and keep on telling me, "hang in there my love, the best is YET to come." Ahhhh goosey bumps. And it comes, and it comes, and it comes. every. single. day.

The "Lan Man" is a little petite, but growing like a weed. 13 pounds and 27 inches long with a good sized noggin to house all those brains. Go ahead and shake your head at me, I'm used to it. We've introduced him to bananas, rice cereal and sweet potatoes. Bananas- bad idea for a reflux baby we came to find out. But the latter two he cannot get enough of! I've been THOROUGHLY enjoying making his baby food with this lovely ... CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT contraption:




Thank you MOTHER for getting this for us at our baby shower!! It's truly the most amazing machine and enables me to completely control what I'm feeding my baby, and save a lot of money in the process. It's expensive, but it will more than pay for itself during the baby food phases of all of our children's lives. Landon is scarfing down sweet potatoes like his entire existence depends on it. I really cannot get a new spoonful before he is kicking his legs, making fists and yelling at me?! Stop yelling at me, child. I am your mama :) Next on the menu is PEAS. I hated peas as a kid (like them now) so I'm curious how he will take them. Of course I will not give up on them if he hates them at first. Chris and I were on a date last weekend to the MALL (oooh, ahhh the romance) ha, it was super fun to us. Anyway, we were eating lunch in the food court (I'm an expensive date) and we saw a baby about Landon's size (so probably younger than him) in his stroller with his little family and everything was all cute and fine until the father handed the baby a FRENCH FRY WHAT?! The baby started sucking on it and trying to eat it, and actually DID eat it after a while and the dad kept giving the baby french fries. Chris and I, the "we must do everything good and healthy for our first baby" parents that we are, gawked in disbelief. Cue judgement from my non-parental friends now, again it's ok :) FRIED FOOD for a baby?! When and how will a baby ever need anything fried is beyond me. Don't get me wrong- I see the enticement factor of watching your baby eat something new and fun but someone please kick me in the shins if I ever give the baby Landon something fried. I give you permission, really. Don't all line up at once, geez.
I wanted to get this down because I don't know if I will be diligent enough to write it in his baby book but lately.... there are times... when Landon shows us the most beautiful sight I have ever seen- him BELLY LAUGHING. Oh how I waited for this!!! So far it's only happened twice, in his carseat, while being pushed in a cart in Walmart and Target. Belly, gut laughing. I think I stood in the isle at Target for a good 10-15 minutes in between the shoes and the bath section (you know the wide open, large isle) like a complete deranged MOTHER doing whatever it was that was making him laugh. Which by the way, was not cute on my part, but was so.. SO worth it! At home, he will giggle and smile here and there if I act crazy enough, but he's a pretty laid back individual mostly. These two particular times, the second daddy being fortunate enough to witness were so amazing and are implanted into my head forever. I hope. It was the sweetest, funniest thing and is one of those little nuggets of happiness that will make me enjoy being a mommy for the rest of my life. I'm awfully suspicious another few of those moments will be a hug, an "I love you mama", a kiss...
"The best is YET to come."
It's hard to believe that when you think you've already seen the best God could ever do...
I'll leave you with some pics because Mr. Sunshine is a wakey boy!


No comments: