I was writing in Landon's baby book today... it sits on the counter in the kitchen all the time so that when something happens, I can easily write it down instead of "get to it later" and never do. I posted something recently on facebook about the little guy singing with me at bedtime. It was the sweetest thing I have ever heard.. especially after about 45 minutes of straight screaming. Did I leave that part out? :) He has eczema now and up until then we were trying everything under the sun to let it heal naturally. We wash our clothes with baby detergent, use the soap the Dr. told us to, only let his skin touch cotton fabrics, no perfumes or scented lotions on our skin, took him off vegetables for the time being, kept him out of the sun and nothing worked. It's basically covering his trunk and the creases on his arms and legs, his back being the worst area. So I gave in and rubbed him down with the cream the dermatologist prescribed. I guess his skin was so irritated that the cream probably felt funny, maybe burned a little, I'm not sure. Whatever it was, he didn't like it and it made him really upset. So that is when I decided to rock him and sing lots of Disney songs like "A Whole New World", "Colors of the Wind", "Part of Your World" etc. etc. I was a fanatical child :).
The crying stopped and in it's place, light, high-pitched notes came pouring out like a whisper from an angel. I kept singing, not wanting him to stop and he didn't. He just kept singing, right along with me, note after note in his own little way, eyes shut, head on my shoulder. It was one of THOSE moments in life. I think I sang, "A Whole New World" 3 or 4 times. I sing to him ALL the time, but this was a first. So he drifted off and I gently lowered him into his crib and said, "goodnight baby. I love you so much." The sweetness didn't end with Landon... I emerged from the nursery and Chris (still working) said to me, "Thank for doing that baby. You are such a good mommy."
13 hours later, a happy Landon with MUCH-improved skin welcomes the day. I love that kid. I loved him when his head was the size of a lemon in my hand, and I love him now as my sweet little baby boy who sings with me.
No comments:
Post a Comment