Friday, September 16, 2011

No cold weather blues happening here.

I don't think I have much time before my LO wakes from his morning nap, but a mother does what she has to do and this mother finds time to squeeze in a little blogging after getting all of the other necessary things accomplished. Oh... you thought I meant folding laundry? Tsk tsk that's funny! {shakes head} "I will, I will!" telling myself that... On to cuter and much more important things:



I put him down for a nap this morning and had to grab my camera- HAD to. You understand why. Landon is so happy. My dad says he is so happy because he knows his mommy and daddy love him so much. I hope that is true, but I also hope he just stays this happy forever. I have these huge, unrealistic fantasies about the big bad world leaving my baby alone. Call it what you will. It's a fantasy, which means I fully realize the false value of it. A mama can dream. Whenever I go to type baby or child, I always catch myself because my first thought is to type "babies" or "kids" I guess because I always think of our family as having multiple children. And on that note- I am just praying NOW for no bedrest in my future pregnancy endeavours!! Will you pray for that for me too?? Anyway, I grabbed my camera this morning because cool weather inspires me and I started snapping away:






This flowering bush is so pretty and somehow has survived through quite a terribly hot Summer and quite a terribly untending gardener.

The ferns that hang on the front porch :)






Snapped a shot of my hubby in his little work environment, at home, in the spare bedroom. It's been such a blessing having him home lately! I know it could change at any time and I think it will change soon but for now, every day that he is here is a day we don't have to be apart. And we like it like that :)Somehow it's been almost 8 months since Landon arrived. Everyone says, "how did that happen?" but sursly. How did it? Before I know it, we will be planning his first birthday... celebrating his birth... when everything seemed so upside down and inside out that I thought I would crumble from the weight of it all. Then he was born and I saw his face lifted above the sheet... nothing has been the same since that moment. From the day he made his grand entrance, we've been in love and it has just grown so so much. I was skyping today with one of my favorite people in the world:

You can't really see him, but Nolan is back there, sitting next to his sissy, Brynlea. She would never say this about herself, but what a supermommy she is. She needs to wear a big red cape and a leotard with a big "S" on the front. We were pregnant at the same time and due at the same time except there was a tiny little difference in that equation- Baby B :) The sweetest twins on the face of the planet. I love those babies... I haven't met them live and in person but I cannot wait for that day. I have Landon bethrothed to Brynlea for a couple of reason: she is going to be unbelievably gorgeous and already is AND her mommy and me have basically been like family anyway since we were 9. So why not?! :) I'm sure they will agree one day. Even if they have a cyberskype relationship. Those darn 350 miles really do get in the way of things. But one thing they not get in the way of is our friendship and I'm glad I get to have her and her babies in my life!

This entry has taken me all day to type and I think I'm finally ready to be finsihed, grammatical errors and all. Hope you enjoyed the pictures and until next time...

Forgive, let yourself forget, always be truthful, always wear your heart on your sleeve, always be who you are and always let others be as well!
-Mama Lou

No comments: