I stare at my reflection in the mirror.
Why am I doing this to myself?
Losing my mind on a tiny error.
I nearly left the real me on the shelf.
It's ok not to be ok.
Do you ever feel that way? If you just think about it for a second, you can probably come up with a scenario. Anger, resist. Temptation, blur the line. Compare, sink. Perfection, spirit crushed. Doubt, why. Faith, where. Love, how. Deliverance, when.
Fail. fail. and fail.
Stare into your reflection and what do you see looking back at you? Do you like the honesty behind your eyes?
I think it's good to self-examine. Peer into your heart with intensity and dig up every trace of the ugly, lurking worms of doubt, frustration and fear. They don't belong there. They aren't helping you. They aren't your friends. They might feel comfortable and even justifiable but they are destroying your joy one deep breath at a time.
I had a difficult day recently and I allowed circumstances to determine my outlook. I forgot for a second that I am rich in spirit and rich in love. I forgot that my life is not my own and that my freedom from sin came at a high price. I felt justified because looking into the mirror and seeing eyes filled with defeat, hurt. It hurt me in the deepest places of my heart and what's worse is that I let it be known. I may not be perfect, but I'm worth it. It may not be easy, but it's pleasing to God. The only purpose of this blog post is to encourage you and tell you that when you look into the mirror and stare back at the person looking through you, remember though weary, you're lovely. Though, tired, you're strong. Though defeated, you're chosen. Though withdrawn, you're winning. Though outnumbered, you're still number 1 to someone. Though painfully broken, you're miraculously changed and when life proves too much to handle, you're only as far from God as you have walked. Turn around, though miles from the shore, you're never out of reach.
1 comment:
Beautifully written... thank you for that encouragement sister.
Post a Comment