Sunday, February 13, 2011

Not ideal, but I deal!

I guess I don't really have much to say tonight as I sit in a small, dry hospital room watching TV while Chris sleeps on an air mattress on the floor. Valentine's Day is tomorrow...

I'm not sure how I feel or don't feel about that. Would I love to be cuddled up on our couch with Chris, Landon, Molly and Ellie watching a movie? Yeah, I really would. I'd love to have my family all together in one place.

I used to joke, that what if Landon came REALLY early on Valentine's Day?! Well tomorrow he will be 3 weeks old and he's simply the biggest expression of love I've ever experienced. Watching Chris hold him and talk to him and seeing a look in my husband's eyes I've never seen before. When my baby looks up at me and I fantasize that he feels so content and that he's thinking "mommy... ahhh... my mommy" :)

Happy Valentine's Day everyone. I really hope that as you reflect on all of the people in your life that you love, you will remember each one is a gift from God and we love because He first loved us.

~Landon's Mama~

No comments: